Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for an engineer to support the Asset Management Department. The Asset Management Department enables data-based decision making across the organization by assessing asset risk and useful life, facilitating maintenance programs, developing repair and replacement programs, project planning, business case development, and financial forecasting.
Asset Management Engineers support the water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure including both linear and vertical assets in the central system and community systems. Currently, Loudoun Water owns and maintains over 1,400 miles of watermain, 1,100 miles of gravity sewer, 14,000 hydrants, 30,000 manholes, twenty-two sewer pump stations, eight water tanks, and 16,000 individual pieces of equipment.
Essential functions include:
- Lead risk, criticality, and condition assessment programs.
- Establish and manage Asset Management Plans (AMPs) for Loudoun Water assets.
- Collaborate with teams that support asset management, including but not limited to various operations and maintenance departments and programs.
- Establish and lead preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Manage data collection, analysis, and contracts to support repair and replacement planning.
- Develop systems, policies, and procedures for tracking program data.
- Develop streamlined methods for analyzing program data and that will help inform decision making around maintenance strategies and project planning.
- Assist with assembling and training work team(s) to support field work associated with the program.
- Establish and manage outside contracts as needed to support programs.
- Serve as an internal technical resource to other departments regarding programs and resultant data.
The ideal candidate will be an organized team player with project management experience and excellent communication skills. Experience with SAP EAM or similar asset management tool and ESRI GIS software is desired. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field with at least two years of industry experience. Education requirements may be substituted for equivalent work experience. A background in asset management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, plant engineering, reliability engineering, or data science is desired. Engineer-in-Training designation or a Professional Engineer license in the Commonwealth of Virginia is desirable.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE