Loudoun Water hopes you had a wonderful holiday season and wish you all the best for 2019! Looking for a great way to kick off 2019? Make a New Year's resolution to use water more wisely at home! We've compiled a list of easy ways for you to save water at home, work and school in 2019. Take a look!
- Spot a leak: Take the time to regularly check for leaks in your home. Don't let minor water leaks like a running toilet go unfixed. These can be huge water wasters and can even have a big affect on your quarterly bill! Toilet leaks are the most common type of leak and can be easily fixed. Check out our tutorial video for more details!
- Time your showers: Did you know that by cutting your shower time in half, it’s possible to save 4,500 gallons of water per person, per year? Set a timer to help getting in the habit of taking a shorter shower. If you visit our Ashburn headquarters, feel free to request a shower timer to help your family shorten their showers.
- Don't water when it rains: This summer, make sure your irrigation system isn't running when it's not needed. “Set it and forget it” wastes both water and money. Learn how to shut off your automatic watering system in case of weather or malfunctions.
- Wait for full loads of laundry or dishes before running: Waiting for a full load of laundry or dishes could save you up to 1,000 gallons a month. Also, when you do fewer loads of laundry or dishes, chances are you're using less soap - another savings!
- Turn off water when brushing your teeth or shaving: This is the easiest one of all!
- Check you faucets: Did you know that one drip every second adds up to five gallons wasted per day? Look for and fix and faucet leaks you spot throughout the year.