Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia -- the second fastest growing county in the United States. The county is home to a population of over 390,000 residents. By 2040, Loudoun Water projects its customers will require up to 90 million gallons of drinking water every day.
Loudoun Water is preparing for the future - one of continued county expansion, economic growth, adaptable technologies, and enhanced public health and safety. With sustained regional growth, major investments in water infrastructure, and deployment of advanced operational and informational technologies, Loudoun Water remains a proactive resource and partner in our vibrant county.
As Loudoun Water continues to grow and meet increasing water resource demands, innovation is vital. This requires the development of new projects to support growth, adapt to change, and meet new challenges.
In support of our mission, Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for an engineer in its Capital Design or Capital Construction Department, which manage the design and construction of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes technical oversight and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Develop design or construction phase engineering services contracts and requests for proposals;
- Manage the design or construction phases for various water, wastewater, and reclaimed water facilities and infrastructure;
- Develop and manage project scopes, budgets, and schedules;
- Provide review of project designs for constructability and to confirm project requirements are met;
- Build consensus among internal stakeholders on design decisions;
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide engineering support to other departments in the organization, including Operations & Maintenance; and
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies for project approvals.
We are looking for highly-motivated self-starters with an eye for quality, “can-do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design and management experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. A MS degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Construction Management may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is highly desirable.
Apply online or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE