Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a Collections Agent in the Finance division. Essential functions include:
- Providing timely and professional communication to customers by answering telephone calls, providing information concerning utility services, billings, disconnection procedures, payment, rates, rules, regulations and other matters.
- Accurately posting transactions to department documents and utility master files in SAP.
- Responding to customer inquiries relative to the collection effort.
- Processing Dunning and Collections for miscellaneous billing.
- Performing customer collection efforts by understanding and applying collections practices in accordance with the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Initiating correspondence notifying customers of action to be taken if payment is not made.
- Preparing, filing and releasing liens for delinquent and final accounts and bankruptcy filings.
- Preparing and filing claims with the Virginia Debt Setoff Program.
- Maintaining communication with internal departments to ensure disconnections and reconnections are completed.
- Preparing and filing annual reports for inactive unclaimed property.
We are seeking a self-starter with strong research and communication skills, both written and verbal, to join our team. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Associates Degree in accounting or related field with responsible experience in collections and customer service operations preferably with a public utility. A BA/BS degree in business may be substituted for part of the required work experience. Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow established processes/procedures.
If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE