Anyone wishing to obtain a hydrant meter must provide the following:
- Valid state-issued identification card
- 10-digit Virginia business license number OR Loudoun County Business License
- If you are a Tradesman you are only required by the Commonwealth of Virginia to be registered and will not be issued an identification card. You are required to provide Loudoun Water with a copy of your Loudoun County Business License instead.
- Federal Tax Identification number
- Business card
- ¾” meter requires an advanced payment fee of $400; 3” meter requires an advanced payment fee of $1,720
- Hydrant meters can only be used on yellow hydrants within the Loudoun Water service area
- Our list of yellow hydrants is available on our website
- On an active construction site, the developer can paint any hydrant yellow
All trucks must be inspected for proper cross connection/backflow specifications prior to issuing a hydrant meter. See diagrams below for what is required.
- Rate per 1,000 gallons $7.04 year round
- A one time permit charge of $30.00 will be on your first bill.