The first step in accessing a hydrant is to obtain a permit for a hydrant meter. Download the Hydrant Meter Permit Form.
This form must be submitted prior to being issued a hydrant meter. The form can be submitted via email to Customer Relations, or via fax to 571-223-2595.
Once the form has been submitted, please see the Cashier in the Administrative Services Facility with the following:
- a valid, state-issued identification card (i.e. a driver's license)
- a business card (including the company name and the name of the person picking up the hydrant meter)
- a business license - Virginia or Loudoun County
- Federal Tax Identification number (i.e. a copy of your business's W-9)
- a check for your advance payment fee, $400 (3/4") or $1,720 (3")
Each customer applying for a new hydrant meter shall pay a $30.00 permit charge to defray the administrative costs associated with each hydrant meter account. This permit charge will be reflected on your first bill.
Loudoun Water will make a photocopy of each item for the file. All customers are required to read and sign our permit indicating the proper use of hydrants and their locations. The signed permit is kept on file with identification papers for the life of each agreement. Each permit is valid for one year from the date signed.
During this time, hydrant meter readings must be submitted by the 15th of each month in one of the following ways: