Loudoun Water offers two additional processes for posting a lesser surety bond based on the applicant type. The applicant may choose which process they wish to utilize, depending on the schedule and type of development proposed:
- Connection Bond (available to projects subdividing land)
- Site Plan Bond (available to site plans)
Review the different bonding processes offered at Loudoun Water on the Bond Process Summary Flowchart.
Connection Bond for Subdivision of Land
Alternately to furnishing a guaranty in the amount of 100% of the estimated construction cost, the applicant may elect to begin construction when submitting construction plans as part of an application for a subdivision of land by posting a lesser Connection Bond, an amount adequate to cover Loudoun Water’s exposure at the locations of proposed connection(s) on the existing public system.
However, when posting a lesser Connection Bond, the recordation of the subdivision plat will not be allowed, until Loudoun Water’s remaining exposure has been reassessed, and a sufficient amount of bond has been posted to cover the remaining exposure by means of a rider to the original Connection Bond amount.
Site Plan Bond with a Multifamily, Commercial, or Industrial Site Plan
Alternately to furnishing a bond in the amount of 100% of the estimated construction cost, the applicant may elect to begin construction when submitting construction plans as part of an application for any multifamily, commercial, or industrial site plan by posting a lesser Site Plan Bond.
The procedure for determining bond amounts for site plans are as follows:
Pass-through: Defined as one or more offsite parcels dependent on the site’s infrastructure for connection to Loudoun Water’s system
- Segments of infrastructure determined by Loudoun Water as pass-through and serving offsite or other parcels must be posted at 100%
Onsite: Defined as no offsite development/parcels dependent on the site’s infrastructure for connection to Loudoun Water’s system
- Segments of infrastructure determined by Loudoun Water as onsite and serving the subject site only may be posted at 35%
- The minimum bond is $10,000.
Submission requirements when proposing the site plan bond:
- Site Plan Bond Calculation Sheet
- 11x17 sheet showing the utilities included with the site plan bond form. Highlight pass-through only, water in blue, sewer in green; all other lines not highlighted are proposed onsite (see bond determination example)