Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Procurement Technician who will be responsible for providing procurement expertise on all matters relating to the procurement of goods, services (both professional and non-professional), construction, and insurance for Loudoun Water in accordance with applicable federal, state, local laws, and Loudoun Water policies and procedures. Work involves extensive public contact and requires the exercise of considerable judgment, initiative and discretion. Essential functions include:
- Preparing, managing, and evaluating Request for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, informal and competitive solicitations including amendments, award letter and related correspondence.
- Reviewing and executing contracts, purchase orders, change orders and other documents within delegated authority.
- Monitoring order/contracts for compliance and/or performance; negotiating or modifying terms and determining contract compliance and defaults.
- Assisting departments in monitoring on-going, renewal and/or service contracts.
- Meeting and communicating with clients to identify and provide high quality service to meet client service delivery requirements on a timely basis. Providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, including the ability to convey complex and technical subjects in a clear, concise and positive manner.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, an eye for quality and excellent organizational, technical, and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Associates Degree in Business or related field, with 3 years direct experience in the government sector. Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO), Certification as Certified Professional Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or the ability to attain certification within 12 months of hire.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE