Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The county is home to a population of over 390,000 residents, and continued growth is anticipated, bolstered by a new mass transportation link to DC. Keeping up and successfully staying ahead of the pace of development has been our trademark – and we are looking for new people to join us!
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer in the Division of Planning & Engineering’s Capital Design group. The Capital Design team manages the design of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes technical oversight and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Develop design phase engineering services contracts and requests for proposals
- Manage the design phase for various water, wastewater, and reclaimed water facilities and infrastructure
- Develop and manage project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Provide review of project designs to confirm project requirements are met
- Build consensus among internal stakeholders on design decisions
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide engineering support to other departments in the organization, including Operations & Maintenance; and
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies for project approvals.
We are looking for highly motivated self-starters with an eye for quality, “can-do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design and management experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Construction Management may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is highly desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE.