Loudoun Water is the water and wastewater authority serving Loudoun County, Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC and one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The County is home to a population of more than 420,000 residents, and continued growth is anticipated, bolstered by a new mass transportation link to DC. Keeping up and successfully staying ahead of the pace of development has been our trademark – and we are looking for new people to join us!
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Project Manager in its Water Reclamation Projects Group (WRPG). which is instrumental in the delivery of projects for the Wastewater Operations and Remote Facilities divisions of Loudoun Water. The WRPG works closely with operations and maintenance teams to identify, plan, and execute projects. Current projects for Wastewater Operations include planning, design, and construction for multiple phases of continued expansion of the Broad Run Water Reclamation Facility (BRWRF) to serve growth in the central service area and meet increasingly stringent treatment regulations. The WRPG is also serving Remote Facilities at Loudoun Water in the Progressive Design Build delivery of several communal wastewater system improvements driven by regulatory requirements.
Essential functions of the Project Manager for the WRPG include:
- Working with various stakeholders including Operations, Maintenance, and Operations Technology teams at Loudoun Water to identify needs and develop projects for incorporation in the 10-year Capital Improvements Plan;
- Developing and actively managing scopes, budgets, and schedules for planning, design, and construction phase efforts in the best interest of Loudoun Water;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure their needs are reflected in project planning, budgeting and design;
- Leading stakeholder efforts to resolve project issues, build consensus, agree on design decisions, and resolve design and construction phase challenges;
- Managing consulting engineers in the preparation of task orders and the delivery of planning, design, and construction phase deliverables
- Reviewing technical design deliverables such as Construction Drawings and Specifications for completeness, accuracy, operability and maintainability;
- Supporting Senior Project Managers and Program Managers in the delivery of projects;
- Construction administration and management of wastewater and reclaimed water projects;
- Coordinating the operational testing and commissioning of new facilities;
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies for project approvals during design and compliance during construction; and
- Collaborating and negotiating with consultants, vendors, and contractors in the best interest of Loudoun Water
We are looking for a self-starter with an eye for quality, “can do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including relevant design or construction administration and management experience on water and/or wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE