Loudoun Water has an opening for an SAP ABAP Developer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who understands the operations of the organization and will develop solutions using SAP and other business application technologies to meet business requirements, with a focus on SAP ABAP,PI and Work Flow solutions which includes reviewing and analyzing functional specifications and blueprint documents, recommending technical approaches, performing development and testing, and supporting the deployment of new solutions, for all aspects of Loudoun Water’s business including financial management, customer service, asset management Essential functions include:
- Designing system inputs, outputs, work flow processes, and technical and functional specifications.
- Developing and modifying prototypes and procedures to automate processes and produce required outputs.
- Interpreting and translating program specification into code or writing programs from requirement specifications.
- Writing program code, performing tests, and implementing program code changes.
- Monitoring program development, detecting, analyzing, and solving systems and programming problems.
- Coordinating, reviewing, analyzing test results, and participating in data maintenance.
- Developing test data, testing plans, and performing systems testing.
- Coordinating implementation of system with stakeholders and operations personnel
- Reviewing production jobs to verify successful completion and troubleshooting problems as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is an exceptional communicator, with project management and organizational skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
- Bachelor ’s Degree in a Science and Technology related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages and software application development required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of direct work experience with the SAP development, which includes
- Experience on full life cycle in analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of the business application systems
- Experience in Data Migration and Conversion
- Experience in Upgrade and Implementation Projects
- Experience in designing, configuring, implementing and testing interface applications such as EDI/IDOC, ALE and BPEM
- Experience in data transfer through various methods such as LSMW, BAPI, BDC and Migration Work Bench
- Experience in SAP script, Smart forms, Print workbench
- Experience in enhancements through User exits, BADI’s, BDT, BTERoutines and Enhancement framework
- Extensive experience in ALV ABAP Reports, Interactive Reports, Dialog programming, Work flow
- Technical knowledge in IS-U Billing, invoicing, and Device Management preferable
- Experience in SAP EAM and mobility solutions is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) and its use with SAP is a plus.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed applications to Loudoun Water, HR Department, PO Box 4000, Ashburn, VA 20146 or by fax to 571.223.2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE