If you are a commercial owner and wish for a tenant to start service at your property, you must fill out the following information prior to the tenant starting service.

Commercial Owner Responsibilities
Complete the Commercial Authorization form prior to Loudoun Water providing water and sewer service at their property location.

  • A one-time $30 account fee for the life of the account will be charged.
  • Tenants are required to pay an advance payment fee within 48 hours of establishing their account. If your tenant fails to make the payment within 48 hours, the account is then placed in the homeowner's name. 

Tenant Responsibilities
Pay an advance payment fee based on meter size.

  • Commercial advance payment fee is due at the time of account set-up.
  • Commercial account advance payment fees vary depending on the size of the meter at the commercial location.
  • Advance payment fees are held until a tenant’s account is closed and will be applied to the final bill.
  • Call Loudoun Water to establish service after the commercial owner has completed the Commercial Authorization form.

Bank Owned Properties
In lieu of the Commercial Authorization form, a listing agreement will be required for bank owned properties before water and sewer service will be provided to a listing agent.

Automatic Revert to Owner
Loudoun Water maintains an “Owner Status” account for a rental property whether or not the property is occupied by tenants. When the property is rented, the tenant must contact Loudoun Water to open an account and initiate service in their name. This will ensure the tenant is billed directly.  

Loudoun Water will deactivate the tenant's account when notified by the tenant of their intent to vacate the property or if the commercial owner calls to put service back in their name. The account will shift to “Owner Status” and the billing reverts back to the property owner. Service is NOT deactivated; the water remains ON.

The property owner is responsible for any unpaid balance for the account after Loudoun Water has attempted to collect any outstanding balance from the tenant.

Submitting the commercial owner authorization form indicates your acceptance of these terms.


Commercial Authorization Form