Reports of utility scams are on the rise throughout the nation. These imposters/scammers may attempt to reach Loudoun Water customers over the phone or by at-home visits. Loudoun Water takes the safety and security of our customers and employees very seriously.
- If you receive a questionable call, do not give any personal information and hang up immediately. If you note the phone number on caller ID before hanging up, call the local police immediately and report it.
- If you receive a call offering discounts, requests for account information, or offers to pay your bill – this is a scam. Loudoun Water does not call asking for your account information nor do we offer discounts for services.
- Loudoun Water does not directly take customer credit card information from customers and will never call asking for payment information. Loudoun Water employs the use of a third-party vendor to accept one-time payments by phone or web. All of Loudoun Water's payment methods can be found on our website.
- Loudoun Water will never ask you to call a toll-free number such as 1-800 or 1-888
Always be alert when someone comes to your residence asking for entry to your property. Loudoun Water will never ask to come into your home without a scheduled appointment. It is important to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers. You will be able to recognize our employees by a number of identifiers:
- Loudoun Water employees will be driving vehicles with the Loudoun Water logo
- Loudoun Water employees will be wearing uniforms with the Loudoun Water logo that include high visibility clothing and reflective gear
- Loudoun Water employees always carry a photo identification card
If you are uncomfortable or suspicious, please call our Customer Relations department at 571-291-7880 and they will verify if our field team is working in your area or if a member of our Customer Relations team recently called you. Our regular business hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We do not make routine residential visits or calls outside of business hours unless previously arranged or in case of an emergency.