Loudoun Water’s Land Development Department accepts all Utility Extension Requests (UERs) and plan submissions electronically through our Utility Extension Request (UER) online.
Payment for all Land Development related activities (i.e. plan review fees, inspection fees, CCTV fees, record drawing fees, etc.) can be submitted using the Development Invoice Payment Options. The invoice from Loudoun Water is typically sent within 3 working days from receipt of UER and plans.
Please note: The invoice provided must be paid in full prior to plan assignment and review commencing.
The following are step-by-step guidelines for submission of the electronic UER and plans:
- A requester (engineer/developer/owner) completes Utility Extension Request (UER) online.
- After submission of the form, a confirmation email is automatically sent to the developer/owner and engineer. NOTE: If no confirmation email is received within a few minutes, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Loudoun Water receives the UER request form and plan submission via the website.
- Files must be under 40MB in size. If your files are over 40MB or if you are having trouble uploading your files, please submit your UER without attachments and email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent a link to securely upload your files.
- Loudoun Water will review the submitted information for completeness and provide an invoice via email, with payment options.
Once payment has been received and processed, the plan will be assigned, and review will begin. Approximate review timelines (in working days):
- Fast-track applications: 3-4 weeks 1st submission & all resubmission, 2-3 weeks for RAPs*
- Commercial: 4-5 weeks for 1st submissions, 4-5 weeks for resubmissions, 2-3 weeks for RAPs*
- Residential: 6-7 weeks for 1st submissions, 4-5 weeks for resubmissions, 2-3 weeks for RAPs*
* RAPs: Significant re-design may extend review times.
Please note: Requests to expedite reviews will not be considered.